During their careers, our Consultants have each published a variety of material within the research literature (all of which is recognised as the work of the individual, not TCRI Ltd.):
- Application Of The Calspan Crash Program Under European Conditions. Jennings, P & Staughton, G. IRCOBI Conference 1978
- Development And Evaluation Of The CRASH2 Program For Use Under European Conditions. Jones, I & Pennings, P. IRCOBI Conference 1980 and SAE Paper 810473, 1980.
- Swerves And Lane Changes. Jennings, P. Impact Vol 1 Number 1, 1990.
- Is The Sliding Coefficient Of Friction Of Tyres Speed Dependent? Manderson, J & Jennings, P. Impact Vol 2 Number 2, 1992.
- Articulated Vehicle Braking (I Braked But Couldn’t Stop). Jennings, P. Impact Vol 2 Number 2, 1992.
- Brakes Legislation And Accident Investigation. Jennings, P. ITAI Conference 1997.
- Methods For Assessing Vehicle Speeds From Impact Damage. Jennings, P. ITAI Symposium 1998
- Scrim Data: An Overview. Jennings, P. Impact Vol 7 Number 2, 1998.
- New And Improved Accident Reconstruction Techniques For Modern Vehicles Equipped With ESC Systems. Lambourn, R, Jennings, P, Knight, I & Brightman, T. TRL Paper PPR223, 2007.
- Comparison of current skid testing techniques. Hague, D. et al. Proceedings of ITAI Conference 1995.
- Low rolling resistance tyres. Hague, D. Impact Summer 1996 Vol. 5 No 2. pp36-37
- The accuracy of speeds calculated from critical speed marks, and their striations. Hague, D et al. Proceedings of ITAI Conference 1997.
- The generation of tyre marks by cornering vehicles. Hague, D. et al. Proceedings of ITAI Conference 1997.
- Determination of a car’s speed at the start of emergency braking. Hague, D. & Lambourn, R. Proceedings of ITAI Conference 1999
- Calculation of impact speed from pedestrian slide distance. Hague, D. Proceedings of ITAI Conference 2001.
- Determination of vehicle speed and traffic signal phasing from CCTV images. Hague, D et al. Proceedings of ITAI Conference 2003
- Frontal pole impacts – calculation of impact speed. Disbury, D & Hague, D. Proceedings of ITAI Conference 2003.
- Calculation of speed from motorcycle slide marks. Hague, D. Impact Spring 2004. Vol. 13 No 1. pp 10-16.
- Frontal generic stiffness coefficients and CRASH3 analysis. Hague, D. Proceedings of ITAI Conference 2005.
Further (unpublished) research and development includes:
- Development of specialist timing equipment and detailed analysis for calculation of vehicle speeds in digital CCTV footage
- Validity and accuracy of vehicle speeds and distances calculated from digital tachograph data
- Update of CRASH3 rear stiffness coefficients for improved calculation of speed in vehicle/vehicle impacts
- Developing the Research Applications for High-Resolution Real-World Collision Data. Coley G et al, (2010) TRL Published Report 487
- Validation Studies of the Human Vehicle Environment (HVE) Program Simulation Model Non-Linear (SIMON). Parry DI, Marsh F and Coley G, ITAI 7th International Conference
- Modelling of real world pedestrian accidents. Coley G (2004) PHD Thesis, School of Engineering, Birmingham
- A passive safety gap analysis of real world accident data. Coley G et al (2004), International Crashworthiness Conference, San Francisco
- Pedestrian injuries: effects of impact speed and contact stiffness. Neal-Sturgess CE, Coley G and De Oliveira P, IMechE Vehicle Safety (2002)
- Pedestrian human body validation using detailed real world accidents. Coley G et al, International IRCOBI Conference on the Biomechanics of Impact, pp 89-102